I <3 Summer. Really, I do! It’s my favorite season. Granted, Summer in the South is pure torture and any sort of longterm outside activity is likely best done in Spring, but nevertheless- for me, Summer takes the cake. Lots of sunshine, days of liesure (for the majority of us who work, just go with it) and the best part of all- the beach!
Although summer doesn’t officially start, date-wise for another three weeks, I wanted to kick off the month of June and the general beginning of summer vacations everywhere with the ‘I Heart Summer’ Meme. While it’s been a popular trend on fashion blogs all over the world, I decided to forgo most of the tradition questions based on RL and incorporate some SL friendly ones.
As we head into the Summer months, I look forward to reading all of your responses, so feel free to comment and/or link back below with your answers. Don’t forget to use the tag #IHeartSummerSL
I <3 Summer SL Meme
1. What is your typical Summer style?
2. What is your favorite Summer color palette?
3. What is your favorite Summer hang out/sim in SL?
4. What is your favorite Summer activity in SL?
5. What one avatar enhancement could you not live without this Summer?
6. Do you have a favorite SL swimsuit?
7. What is your favorite summer accessory to wear?
8. What would be your idea SL Summer vacation?
9. What is your favorite hairstyle for the Summer, specific or look?
10. What is your favorite SL Summer event?
1. What is your typical Summer style? Casual and soft. Light colors. Frills, lace, sheers and anything short. I love playing with boho inspired jewelry as well.
2. What is your favorite Summer color palette? White, cream, coral, turquoise and mint. I really enjoy naturals and warm metal tones for the Summer as well.
3. What is your favorite Summer hang out/sim in SL? Home is obviously going to be my first choice. But, it’s been under perpetual renovation for months now, so in the meantime, Petey and I spend a lot of time at ‘the Vineyard Cafe & Winery.’ It is a beautiful sim and the beach areas there are both vibrant and tranquil. And, there are rez rights!
4. What is your favorite Summer activity in SL? Shopping. Scratch that, that’s all the time. I really enjoy attending live performances. A sweet friend of mine, Samm Qendra is a super talented singer and so I love attending her shows, as well as others’. Lisa Brune is also amazingly talented and always gives a great show.
5. What one avatar enhancement could you not live without this Summer? My first instinct was to say my mesh body, what with swimsuit season hitting and all but honestly, I couldn’t live without my SLink feet. Hands, too, but definitely the feet. In fact, I don’t think I even remember what the default SL feet look like anymore.
6. Do you have a favorite SL swimsuit? I’ve been in love with the Naisha bikini from Zaara since it was released two years ago, but with the new round of Arcade opening, my new love is the Morjim bikini as part of the ‘Goa Party’ collection. I love it. It even has a great HUD to change colors and includes fitted mesh sizes for mesh bodies.
7. What is your favorite summer accessory to wear? Sunglasses, hands down. Not only are they practical, but the right selection can easily make or break an outfit. I have at least a couple dozen pair in my inventory.
8. What would be your idea SL Summer vacation? Snorkeling. I think that would be so cool to have an underwater sim where you can play a mermaid, or just snorkel/dive your way through coral reefs and shipwrecks.
9. What is your favorite hairstyle for the Summer? I don’t have a specific named hairstyle because I enjoy so many, but I love the longer styles for summer, especially wavy tresses and anything that has a bit of a tousled look to it.
10. What is your favorite SL Summer event? This is the hardest to decide because there are so many events that I love, month after month. But, I would have to throw my coins into Summerfest, which pretty much guarantees that I will be broke for a solid month. I literally buy everything beachy or summer related and Summerfest has certainly snatched my L$ for the past couple of years.