It’s Meme Monday!
Berry posted a ‘Teach Me Something’ Meme challenge on her blog and while I love the idea, I am probably the most un-talented person in SL. So, since I can’t think of anything off the top of my head that I could possibly teach you guys, I am going to blog an older topic: Why Do I Blog?
My first year anniversary of blogging is just over a month away and I am still flabbergasted by how quickly time has flown by and how much I have learned about myself and others in the process. Reading everyone’s Memes have definitely helped!
Why Do I Blog?
1. How long have you been blogging? I started blogging June 30, 2012.
2. Why did you start blogging? I’ve always had an interest in SL fashion. The first friend I ever made in SL, Franz, took me around my first week and showed me the ropes. We’ve become shopping buddies in a way and ever since, my interest has only increased. After I started religiously reading SL blogs did I realize that I wanted to be a part of that, too.
3. How many times a week do you post an entry? It really depends on how busy with RL I am. Sometimes, just one post a week, or I can post as many as 4 or 5 per week, sometimes even twice a day.
4. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? I’d say around a dozen that I keep up to date with on a regular basis. I love to check out new blogs, but with time, I find myself narrowing them down to what can capture my immediate attention: catchy titles, quality, pictures, etc.
5. Do you comment on other people’s blogs? I try to as often as I can. At the very least, I always comment back on someone else’s blog if they’ve taken the time to post something on mine.
6. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Not really. I post for me and for what I enjoy. It makes me happy to know that others enjoy what I blog as well, but I am not overly worried about how many people I attract with my work. This is fun for me, whether I have one visitor or one hundred.
7. Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? No. I mean what I say and say what I mean. At least, I try to. Anything I blog receives my best and honest opinion. Typically, to avoid controversy, I only blog something that suits my particular style, or is of a quality I like. I hate giving negative reviews, but to me, honesty is important.
8. Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? I hope so, but I am still pretty new to blogging, so I know that I still have a long way to go to make my mark and let people really see who and what I am.
9. Do you blog under your real name? No. Second Life blogger = Second Life name.
10. Are there topics that you would never blog about? I’ve never given this much thought. I suppose as long as it isn’t illegal or R-Rated, I would blog about it, if requested.
11. What is the theme/topic of your blog? Namely fashion, though I have really been getting into the home decorating side of things, which I also love.
12. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? No, iCandy is my only personal blog, though I do have the privilege to be a staff blogger for the Hottie Cooterati Experience.
13. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? I love being able to take pictures and share the great talents of designers in SL. They work so hard to make us look and feel fabulous and I love feeling like I am a part of getting the word out there. I also love being able to have an opinion that can be heard and can spark interest for others to discuss as well.
14. So, why do you continue to blog? I love clothes and people and writing. To be able to do all of these in a convenient, faster and much cheaper way via SL is really more than any fashionista could ask for, don’t you think?
Belleza – Ava (medium)
Mayfly – Deep Sky Mesh Eyes (mesh) (paris green)